Friday, 13 July 2012

Kongsberg Jazzfestival

If one can be drunk on music, then I was drunk for 3 days.  Also lacking sleep, editing photos to wee hours in the morning, and then up early to do it all over again.  I am officially old.  I used to go see bands 3 nights a week in Sydney to take photos, and back then I used film and either got my lab to develop it for me or played in my own darkroom for hours on end.

It felt really good to be taking photos of bands again.  It's a whole different way of taking photos with live music.  Lighting changes constantly, or it's really low lighting, crazy musicians moving around, or well...crowd surfing.  It was a great new challenge.  I'm glad I did it, even though I am still catching up on sleep a week later.  It's a bit different now, having kids that wake you up in the middle of the night and early in the morning.  Can't sleep until midday anymore after gigs ;-)

The bands I have included here are Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings, Rytmer Fra Verdensrommet, Vijay Lyer Trio, Tinariwen, Eple Trio med Karl Seglem,  Jon Balke Magnetic Book, Datarock and Timbuktu.

Enjoy!


1_resize

2_resize

3_resize

4_resize

5_resize

6_resize

7_resize

8_resize

9_resize

10_resize

11_resize

12_resize

13_resize

14_resize

15_resize


No comments:

Post a Comment