Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Australian Whirlwind Tour

We are back from an exciting, packed full adventure in Australia with stop-overs both ways in Bangkok! December was a wonderful month where I celebrated my big 4...0 birthday.  Caught up with people that I hadn't seen for 20 years.  Met my two new nephews, one which arrived after a few days of being in Australia which was super lucky! Spent lots of time swimming but more time travelling in the countryside and breathing in that incredible smelling eucalyptus air I miss so much.  We had high temperatures of 40 and lows of only 18 on Christmas Day which was a nice change to the 45 degrees last time we had xmas in Oz! We met water dragons, platypus, kangaroos and wallabys, rainbow lorrakeets, rozellas, cockatoos out in nature and a whole bunch more at the zoo!

The kids are the best travellers I have known and actually coped with being hauled around to 13  different beds more than we did! We always say it's been a little too much, but really I am so very thankful for all we saw this time and all the people we caught up with including seeing my Gran again! I am sorry to those we didn't catch up with but there is only so much a family can do. Next time or come visit us up in the Norwegian wood ;-)

Here is a very small but sweet look into our life on holiday back in my old home.

Enjoy!

1

2

3

9

5

6

7

8

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

34 

22

23

24

25

26

27

28

29

30

31

32

33




No comments:

Post a Comment