Easter in the Arctic

Time for a personal blogpost.  This Easter we were in Alta, Finnmark, Norway.  We go there every 2nd year since my husband is from there.  We also went to Kvænangen which is where his parents have their cottage.  The views are just breathtaking.  The environment clashes between a stark, desolate, tree-less world and the beautiful fjord where we saw more porpoises than ever before.  I have been very lucky to see northern lights quite a few times.  But this time was extra special as we saw them on landing into Alta with the plane and then again at the cottage, the only night where the clouds lifted to give me a spectacular display for an hour!
We went ice fishing and the snow was getting "rotten" which makes it very heavy to walk.  But the view! So dramatic!  Not sure if I capture it like it should be as I really am not a landscape photographer, but I am really enjoying my new camera and seeing what it can do compared to my old one.  If you ever have the opportunity to go up north or even to come to Norway, I really recommend going way up north to see this beautiful landscape!
Enjoy!

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

Comments

Popular Posts