Forever Dance Project

I have now been doing my dance project for 4 years.  I am not sure if I can really explain why I love it so much. I have become a little obsessed with dance lately and it has definitely got to the top of my list of things I love to photograph.  I did ballet for a while when I was little and I always felt like a giant amongst these elegant little fairies.  Now I have had chronic back pain for 23 years and watching these dancers makes me feel lighter.  I almost feel like I can live through them for just a moment.  Editing these photos was like being in a dream.  I haven't done a dance shoot indoors before so I went in to this thinking it was just a little experiment with a really fancy dress that I borrowed from a friend.  I have been getting acupuncture from Cecilie at Helhetshuset and as I sat in the big open studio waiting room, from the first time I was there, wondering how I could ask Cecilie if I could borrow this space one day for a photoshoot!.  Everytime I have been there the sun comes out and it glows from the inside!
Mona is a fantastic, graceful dancer and I am so grateful I could photograph her. Her dance instructor and owner of Studio3, Mana,  joined us which was a treat. She has alot of enthusiasm and I can see why all her students love her.
This winter has been a dark one, and I have felt it more than others, but this Sunday was a happy, bright day that I will remember for a while.
Enjoy!






























Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts